Unfortunately we are hearing reports of nursing home abuse more frequently than ever before.
Television newscasts, newspaper articles, and online sources are beginning to put the spotlight on this growing problem.
But no matter how many stories you’ve heard…
The Situation Is More Horrendous Than Anyone Could Have Imagined!!
Nursing Home Abuse – Why We Still Don’t Have The Whole Story
Some nursing home residents have mental or physical limitations that make it difficult for them to report nursing home abuse. Other residents don’t report abuse because they fear the situation will get worse.
The lack of reporting doesn’t allow us to get a more accurate count on how many nursing home abuse victims there really are.
But what we do know will shock you!
- According to ABC News – 30 percent of nursing homes in the United States cited for almost 9,000 instances of nursing home abuse.
- CNN reports that just over 90% of nursing home facilities are understaffed. These staff shortages lead to increased instances of health problems, neglect, and abuse.
- 25% of the aides prosecuted for abusing patients have previous criminal records, and 5% of nursing home aides across the country have criminal records.
- 20% of reported elder abuse cases involved emotional abuse.
- Be selective when choosing a nursing home. Be sure that the administrator and the nursing home are licensed.
- Have a detailed list of questions ready before you visit. Your elder is counting on you to make the best possible choice on their behalf. Don’t choose a care facility if you aren’t confident they can meet your needs.
- Learn the signs of nursing home abuse. When you know the signs of abuse you will help not only your loved one now, but you will strengthen your own defenses for the future.
- Find out the facility policy on using restraints. Nursing homes that use restraints as a convenience for the staff should be avoided.
- Take pictures of your loved one when they are admitted. If you periodically take pictures of your elder and date them, you will have a visual record of any bruises or injuries that occur.
And if the time for checking out nursing homes for your loved one is fast approaching…
You MUST listen to this brief but important video message from me.
Click the button below to schedule your session and get on the fast track to choosing the best care facility!!
- How to avoid costly mistakes using my research
- Get unbiased facts about care options
- Discover how to pay for care
Receive answers to your burning questions such as:
- Are my parents allowed to share a room?
- Will the nursing home provide transportation for appointments?
And Much More…
Appointments fill up fast so schedule your one on one time with me NOW.